Terms and Conditions
Welcome to flowrolls.eu!
Flowrolls sp. z o.o.
VAT EU: PL5252782453
Share capital: 5000 PLN
Registered and visible in the National Court Register.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of flowrolls’s Website, located at https://www.flowrolls.eu/.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use flowrolls.eu if you do not agree to take all the terms and conditions stated on this page. Our Terms and Conditions were created with the help of the Terms And Conditions Generator and the Free Terms & Conditions Generator.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of the Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, flowrolls and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on flowrolls.eu. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from flowrolls.eu for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from flowrolls.eu
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from flowrolls.eu
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from flowrolls.eu
- Redistribute content from flowrolls.eu
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. flowrolls does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of flowrolls, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, flowrolls shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
flowrolls reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant flowrolls a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses;
- and system wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Website.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms;
- and educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of flowrolls; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to flowrolls. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name;
- or by use of the uniform resource locator being linked to;
- or by use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of flowrolls’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links, but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law;
- or exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Rules and regulations
The agreement between the Buyer and the Seller may be concluded in two ways.
Before placing an order, the Buyer has the right to negotiate all the provisions of the agreement with the Seller, including those changing the provisions of the following regulations. Such negotiations shall be conducted in writing and addressed to the Seller’s address (Fllowrolls sp. z o.o. Marszałkowska 58/15, 00-545 Warsaw).
If the Buyer resigns from the possibility of concluding a contract by way of individual negotiations, the following regulations and relevant provisions of law shall apply.
• Postal address – first and last name or name of the institution, location in the town (for a town divided into streets: street, number of the building, number of the apartment or premises; for a town not divided into streets: town name and property number), postal code and town.
• Claim address:
• Delivery price list – courier 9,90 PLN, courier collect 12,9 PLN; parcel machine 8,99 PLN, parcel machine collect 11,90 PLN.
• Free delivery from 300zł
• Contact details:
• Delivery – type of transport service with the carrier and cost specified in the delivery price list available at www.flowrolls.pl/strona/info.
• Proof of purchase – invoice, bill or receipt issued in accordance with the Value Added Tax Act of 11 March 2004 as amended and other relevant legislation.
• Product card – a single subpage of the shop containing information about a single product.
• Customer – an adult natural person having full legal capacity, a legal person or an organizational unit without legal personality and having legal capacity, making a purchase from the Seller directly related to its business or professional activity.
• Civil Code – Civil Code Act of 23 April 1964 as amended.
• Code of good practice – a set of rules of conduct, and in particular ethical and professional standards referred to in Article 2 point A of the Civil Code of 23 April 1964 with later amendments. 5 of the Act on counteracting unfair market practices of 23 August 2007, as amended.
• Consumer – an adult natural person of full legal capacity, making a purchase from the Seller not directly related to his/her business or professional activity.
• Basket – a list of products drawn up from products offered in the store based on the Buyer’s choice.
• Buyer – both the Consumer and the Customer.
• Place of delivery – postal address or collection point indicated in the order by the Buyer.
• Moment of delivery – the moment when the Buyer or a third party indicated by him for collection will take possession of the item.
• ODR Internet platform – an EU website operating under Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on online dispute resolution for consumer disputes and amending Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 and Directive 2009/22/EC and available at https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr.
• Payment – method of payment for the subject of the contract and delivery listed at www.flowrolls.pl/strona/info. The entity providing online payment service is PayU
• Eligible entity – an entity entitled to out-of-court resolution of consumer disputes within the meaning of the Act on Out-of-Court Resolution of Consumer Disputes of 23 September 2016, as amended.
• Consumer Law – Act on Consumer Rights of 30 May 2014.
• Product – the minimum and indivisible quantity of the item that can be the subject of the order, and which is given in the Seller’s shop as the unit of measurement when determining its price (price/unit).
• Subject of the contract – products and delivery being the subject of the contract.
• Subject of performance – subject of the contract.
• Collection point – place of delivery of the item not being a postal address, listed in the list provided by the Seller in the shop.
• UOKiK Register – a register of authorized entities maintained by the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection under the Act on out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes of 23 September 2016, as amended and available at the address: https://uokik.gov.pl/rejestr_podmiot_uprawnionych.php
• Item – a movable item which may be or is the subject of the contract.
• Shop – an internet service available at www.flowrolls.pl, through which the Buyer can place an order.
• System – a set of cooperating IT devices and software, ensuring processing and storage, as well as sending and receiving data through telecommunication networks by means of a terminal device appropriate for a given type of network, commonly referred to as the Internet.
• Deadline – the number of hours or working days specified on the product card.
• Contract – an off-premises or distance contract within the meaning of the Act on Consumer Rights of 30 May 2014 in the case of Consumers and the sales contract within the meaning of Article 535 of the Civil Code Act of 23 April 1964 in the case of Buyers.
• Defect – both a physical defect and a legal defect.
• Physical defect – inconsistency of the sold thing with the contract, in particular if the thing:
– it does not have the characteristics that an item of this kind should have due to the purpose in the contract as indicated or resulting from the circumstances or purpose;
– it does not have properties of which the Seller has assured the Consumer,
– is not suitable for the purpose of which the Consumer informed the Seller at the conclusion of the contract, and the Seller has not objected to such purpose;
– has been issued to the Consumer in an incomplete condition;
– in case of its incorrect installation and commissioning, if these actions were performed by the Seller or a third party for which the Seller is responsible, or by the Consumer who followed the instructions received from the Seller;
– it does not have the property of which the manufacturer or his representative or the person who places the item on the market within the scope of his business and the person who by placing his name, trade mark or other distinctive sign on the item sold presents himself as the manufacturer, unless the Seller did not know or could not reasonably be expected to have known or could not have influenced the Consumer’s decision to conclude the contract, or if their content was rectified before conclusion of the contract.
• Legal defect – a situation where the item sold is owned by or encumbered with the rights of a third party, and if the restriction in the use or disposal of the item results from a decision or ruling of a competent authority.
• Order – a declaration of will of the Purchaser made through the shop specifying unambiguously: type and quantity of products; type of delivery; type of payment; place of delivery of the item, data of the Purchaser and aiming directly to conclude an agreement between the Purchaser and the Seller.
Flowrolls sp. z o.o. NIP: 5252782453, REGON 382719531, registered and visible in the National Court Register under number: 0000774565. BANK ACCOUNT: 88 1050 1012 1000 0090 8055 9736
§2 General conditions
• The agreement shall be concluded in the Polish language, in accordance with Polish law and these Regulations.
• The place of delivery must be located on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
• The Seller is obliged and undertakes to provide services and deliver items free of defects.
• All prices given by the Seller are expressed in Polish currency and are gross prices (including VAT). The prices of the products do not include the cost of delivery, which is specified in the price list of deliveries.
• All time limits are calculated according to art. 111 of the Civil Code, i.e. a time limit marked in days ends with the expiry of the last day, and if the beginning of a time limit marked in days is a certain event, it is not taken into account when calculating the time limit of the day on which the event occurred.
• Confirmation, making available, recording, securing all relevant provisions of the contract in order to gain access to this information in the future shall take the form of:
• order confirmation by sending to the indicated e-mail address: order, pro forma invoice, information about the right of withdrawal from the contract, these rules and regulations in pdf version, template withdrawal form in pdf version, links to download the rules and template withdrawal from the contract;
• attach to the completed order, sent to the indicated place of issue of printed items: proof of purchase, information about the right of withdrawal from the contract, these regulations, specimen withdrawal form.
• The seller informs about known to him guarantees given by third parties for products in the shop.
• The Seller shall not charge any fees for communication with him using means of distance communication, and the Buyer shall bear its costs in the amount resulting from the agreement concluded with the third party providing a specific service to him to enable remote communication.
• The Seller shall ensure to the Buyer using the system the correctness of the shop operation in the following browsers: IE version 7 or higher, FireFox version 3 or higher, Opera version 9 or higher, Chrome version 10 or higher, Safari with the latest JAVA and FLASH versions installed, on screens with horizontal resolution above 1024 px. The use of third party software that affects the operation and functionality of Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera, Chrome, Safari may affect the correct display of the store, so in order to obtain full functionality of www.flowrolls.pl, all such software must be disabled.
• The buyer may use the option to store their data in order to facilitate the process of placing the next order. For this purpose, the buyer should provide the login and password necessary to access his account. The login and password are a sequence of characters determined by the Buyer, who is obliged to keep them secret and protect them from unauthorized access by third parties. The buyer has at any time the opportunity to view, correct, update and delete the account in the shop.
• The Seller follows the code of good practice.
• The buyer is obliged to:
§3 Contract conclusion and implementation
• Orders can be placed 24 hours a day.
• In order to place an order, the Buyer should perform at least the following actions, some of which may be repeated many times:
– adding the product to the shopping cart;
– choosing the type of delivery;
– choosing the type of payment;
– choosing the place of delivery;
– placing an order in the shop by using the “Order” button.
• The conclusion of the contract with the Consumer occurs at the moment of placing an order.
• Execution of the Consumer’s order paid on delivery takes place immediately, and the order paid by bank transfer or through the electronic payment system after the Consumer’s payment is credited to the Seller’s account, which should take place within 30 days from placing the order, unless the Consumer was not able to fulfill the performance due to no fault of his own and informed the Seller about it. Available forms of payment by payment cards:
• The conclusion of the agreement with the Customer shall take place at the moment of acceptance of the order by the Seller, of which he shall inform the Customer within 48 hours from placing the order.
• Execution of the Client’s order paid on delivery takes place immediately after the conclusion of the agreement, and the order paid by bank transfer or through the electronic payment system after the conclusion of the agreement and the Client’s payment is credited to the Seller’s account.
• Execution of the Client’s order may depend on making a payment in whole or in part of the value of the order or obtaining a trade credit limit at least of the value of the order or the Seller’s consent to send the order on delivery (payable on delivery).
• The subject of the agreement shall be sent within the time limit specified on the product card, and for orders composed of many products within the longest period of time from the products specified on the cards. The deadline begins at the moment of order execution.
• The purchased object of the contract is sent together with a sales document chosen by the Buyer to the place of delivery indicated by the Buyer in the order, together with attachments referred to in §2 point 6b.
– Visa Electron
– MasterCard Electronic
§4 Right of return
• A consumer has the right to cancel a contract concluded at a distance, without giving any reason and at no cost, except for the costs specified in Article 33, Article 34 of the Consumer Law.
• The deadline for withdrawal from a distance contract is 14 days from the date of issue of the goods, and to meet the deadline it is sufficient to send a statement before its expiry.
• The statement of withdrawal from the contract The consumer may submit the statement of withdrawal on the form, a specimen of which is attached as Appendix 2 to the Consumer Law, on the form available at https://cdn.shoplo.com/6581/files/formularz_zwrotu.docx?26lub, in another form consistent with the Consumer Law.
• The Seller shall immediately confirm to the Consumer by e-mail (provided at the conclusion of the agreement and other if provided in the submitted statement) receipt of the statement of withdrawal from the agreement.
• In case of withdrawal from the contract, the contract is considered not concluded.
• The Consumer is obliged to return it to the Seller immediately, but not later than 14 days from the day on which he withdrew from the contract. In order to meet the deadline, it is sufficient to return the item before its expiry.
• In the event of the need to return funds for a transaction made by the customer with a payment card, the seller made the return to the bank account assigned to the customer’s payment card.
• In case of card payment, the execution time may be up to 48 hours after obtaining a positive authorization.
• The consumer sends back the items that are the subject of the contract, from which he withdrew at his own expense.
• The consumer does not bear the cost of supplying digital content which is not recorded on a tangible medium if the consumer has not consented to the performance before the expiry of the withdrawal period or has not been informed of the loss of his right of withdrawal when giving his consent or the trader has not provided a confirmation in accordance with Article 15(1) and Article 21(1). Consumer law.
• The consumer shall be liable for any reduction in the value of the object of the contract resulting from the use of the object of the contract beyond what is necessary to establish its nature, characteristics and functioning.
• The Seller shall immediately, no later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the statement of withdrawal from the agreement submitted by the Consumer, return to the Consumer all payments made by him, including the costs of delivery of the item to the Consumer, and if the Consumer has chosen a method of delivery other than the cheapest usual method of delivery offered by the Seller, the Seller shall not reimburse the Consumer for additional costs according to Article 33 of the Consumer Law.
• The Seller shall refund the payment using the same method of payment as the Consumer, unless the Consumer has expressly agreed to another method of payment which does not involve any costs for the Consumer.
• The seller may withhold the return of payment received from the Consumer until the Consumer receives the item back or the Consumer provides evidence of its return, whichever occurs first.
• Pursuant to Article 38 of the Consumer Law, the Consumer has no right to withdraw from the contract:
in which the price or remuneration depends on fluctuations in the financial market over which the Seller has no control and which may occur before the expiry of the withdrawal period;
– where the subject matter of the performance is an unprocessed item, produced to the consumer’s specifications or to meet his individual needs;
– in which the subject-matter of the performance is an item which is liable to deteriorate rapidly or has a short shelf life;
– in which the service is provided for an item delivered in sealed packaging which cannot be returned for health or hygiene reasons if the packaging has been opened after delivery;
– in which the subject matter of the service is an item which, by its nature, is inseparably connected with other items after delivery;
– in which audio or visual recordings or computer programs supplied in sealed packaging are the object of the service, if the packaging has been opened after delivery;
– supply of digital content which is not recorded on a tangible medium if performance has begun with the consumer’s express consent before the end of the withdrawal period and after the trader has informed the consumer of the loss of the right of withdrawal;
– for the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines, except for a subscription contract.
• The Seller, pursuant to Article 558§1 of the Civil Code, fully excludes liability to customers for physical and legal defects (warranty).
• The Seller shall be liable to the Consumer on the terms set out in Article 556 of the Civil Code and subsequent ones for defects (warranty).
• In case of an agreement with a Consumer, if a physical defect was found before the lapse of one year from the moment of handing over the item, it shall be assumed that it existed at the moment of passing the danger to the Consumer.
• If the sold thing has a defect, the Consumer may:
– make a declaration to demand a price reduction;
– make a declaration of withdrawal from the contract;
• The Consumer may, instead of the Seller’s proposed removal of the defect, demand replacement of the item with a defect-free item or demand removal of the defect instead of replacement of the item, unless bringing the item into conformity with the contract in the manner chosen by the Consumer is impossible or would require excessive costs in comparison with the manner proposed by the Seller, while the assessment of excessive costs shall take into account the value of the defect-free item, type and significance of the defect found, as well as shall take into account the inconvenience that would expose the Consumer to other manner of satisfaction.
• The Consumer may not withdraw from the contract if the defect is insignificant.
• If the item sold has a defect, the Consumer may also:
– demand to replace the item with a defect-free one;
– demand removal of the defect.
• The Seller shall be obliged to replace the defective item with a defect-free item or remove the defect within a reasonable time without undue inconvenience to the Consumer.
• The Seller may refuse to satisfy the Consumer’s demand if it is impossible to bring the defective item into conformity with the agreement in the manner chosen by the Purchaser or if, in comparison with the other possible manner of bringing it into conformity with the agreement, it would require excessive costs.
• In case the defective item has been installed, the Consumer may demand from the Seller disassembly and reinstallation after replacement with a defect-free item or removal of the defect, but is obliged to bear part of the related costs exceeding the price of the sold item or may demand from the Seller to pay part of the costs of disassembly and reinstallation, up to the price of the sold item. In case of the Seller’s non-performance of the obligation, the Consumer shall be entitled to perform these actions at the expense and risk of the Seller.
• The Consumer who exercises the rights under the warranty shall be obliged to deliver the defective item at the Seller’s expense to the complaint address, and if due to the type of item or the manner of its installation the delivery of the item by the Consumer would be excessively difficult, the Consumer shall be obliged to make the item available to the Seller in the place where the item is located. In case of failure to perform the obligation by the Seller, the Consumer is entitled to send back the item at the expense and risk of the Seller.
• The costs of replacement or repair shall be borne by the Seller, except for the situation described in §5 point 10.
• The Seller shall be obliged to accept a defective item from the Consumer in case of replacing the item with a defect-free item or withdrawing from the contract.
• Within fourteen days, the Seller shall respond to the following based on Article 5615 of the Civil Code: a statement on the demand to reduce the price, the demand to replace the item with a defect-free item, the demand to remove the defect. The Seller within thirty days (Article 7a of the Consumer Law) shall respond to any other statement of the Consumer, which is not covered by the fourteen-day period specified in the Civil Code.
• The Seller shall be liable under warranty if a physical defect is found within two years from the moment of handing over the item to the Consumer, and if the item is used within one year from the moment of handing over the item to the Consumer.
• The Consumer’s claim for removal of the defect or replacement of the sold item with a defect-free item shall be time-barred with the lapse of one year, counting from the day of finding the defect but not earlier than two years from the moment of handing over the item to the Consumer, and if the object of sale is a used item before the lapse of one year from the moment of handing over the item to the Consumer.
• In case when the expiry date of usefulness of the item specified by the Seller or manufacturer ends after two years from the moment of handing over the item to the Consumer, the Seller shall be liable on account of warranty for physical defects of the item found before this date.
• Within the periods specified in §5 points 15-17, the Consumer may submit a statement of withdrawal from the contract or reduction of price due to a physical defect of the item sold, and if the Consumer demanded replacement of the item with a defect-free item or removal of the defect, the period for submitting the statement of withdrawal from the contract or reduction of price starts at the moment of ineffective expiry of the period for replacement or removal of the defect.
• In the event of an assertion before a court or arbitration court of one of the warranty rights, the time limit for the exercise of other rights, to which the Consumer is entitled on this account, shall be suspended until the proceedings are finally concluded. It shall also apply mutatis mutandis to mediation proceedings, where the time limit for exercising other rights under the warranty to which the Consumer is entitled starts to run from the day the court refuses to approve the settlement agreement concluded before the mediator or ineffective completion of mediation.
• To exercise the rights under the warranty for legal defects of the sold thing, §5 points 15-16 shall apply, except that the time limit shall start from the day on which the Consumer learned about the existence of the defect, and if the Consumer learned about the existence of the defect only as a result of a third party action – from the day on which the ruling given in the dispute with the third party became final.
• If due to a defect in the goods, the Consumer has made a statement of withdrawal from the contract or price reduction, he may demand compensation for the damage which he suffered by concluding the contract without knowing about the existence of the defect, even if the damage resulted from circumstances for which the Seller is not responsible, and in particular, he may demand reimbursement of the costs of concluding the contract, costs of collecting, transporting, storing and insuring the goods, reimbursement of expenses made to the extent that he did not benefit from them and did not receive their reimbursement from the third party and reimbursement of the costs of the process. This shall be without prejudice to the provisions on the obligation to repair damage on general principles.
• The lapse of any time limit for the determination of a defect shall not preclude the exercise of warranty rights if the Seller has deceitfully concealed the defect.
• The Seller, provided that he is obliged to perform or provide financial services to the Consumer, shall perform them without undue delay, not later than within the period provided for by law.
• Unless the Seller immediately and without undue inconvenience to the Consumer replaces the defective item with an item free of defects or removes the defect. However, if the item has already been replaced or repaired by the Seller or the Seller has not fulfilled the obligation to replace the item with a defect-free item or remove the defect, he shall not be entitled to replace the item or remove the defect.
• Otherwise, it shall be deemed to have considered the Consumer’s statement or demand to be justified.
• The administrator of the personal databases provided by the Shop’s consumers is the Seller.
• The Seller undertakes to protect personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of August 29, 1997 and the Act on Rendering Electronic Services of July 18, 2002. The Buyer giving his personal data to the Seller while placing an order agrees to its processing by the Seller in order to fulfill the order. The Buyer has the possibility to view, correct, update and delete their personal data at any time.
§7 Final regulations
• Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to infringe the rights of the Buyer. Neither shall it be construed in this way for a print, as if any part of this Regulation is incompatible with the applicable law, the Vendor declares his absolute compliance and application of this law in place of the contested provision of this Regulation.
• A print of changes in the regulations and their scope will be notified by a registered Purchaser via e-mail (to the one indicated during registration or e-mail order). The notification will be sent at least 30 days before the new regulations come into force. Changes will be made in order to adjust the regulations to the current legal status.
• The current version of the regulations is always available to the Buyer in the regulations tab (www.flowrolls.pl/strona/regulamin). During the order processing and during the whole period of after-sales care the Buyer’s regulations accepted by him at the time of placing the order shall apply. Except when the Consumer considers it less favourable than the current one and informs the Seller about the choice of the current one as binding.
• In matters not regulated by these regulations, the relevant binding legal regulations shall apply. Disputable issues, if the Consumer expresses such a wish, shall be resolved by means of mediation proceedings before the Voivodeship Inspectorates of Trade Inspection or a trial before an arbitration court at the Voivodeship Inspectorate of Trade Inspection. The Consumer may also use equivalent and lawful methods of pre- and extra-judicial or extra-judicial dispute resolution, e.g. through the EU ODR internet platform or by selecting any eligible entity from among those in the OCCP register. The Seller declares its intention and agrees to out-of-court resolution of a consumer dispute.
As a last resort, the case is resolved by a court having territorial and material jurisdiction.
Version 2.1 (Rotterdam, 10 June 2019)